I'm Jonathan. I'm a long-time Mebane resident, a husband, father of four, and now a grandfather of one.
Mebane has grown and changed quite a bit during my years here, but has still kept its charms. I love this city, and want to see it thrive!
My family in the summer of 2021
A look into my life
My wife, Stephanie, and I met in North Carolina 31 years ago. A year after our wedding in 1993, we had our son, Josiah, followed by three daughters: Audrey, Madeline, and Olivia. They have been our greatest joy!
Josiah, and his wife Taylor, are the parents of our sweet first grandchild, Charlotte.
I am passionate about local and professional service. Here are a few areas to which I’ve contributed:
- Student mentor at South Mebane Elementary for the last 5 years.
- Treasurer and board member at Bradford Academy of Mebane.
- Previous Chair of the Deacon Board at Grace Reformed Baptist Church in Mebane.
My career has been entirely in hi-tech / computer chip design in RTP. Some of the highlights are:
- Director of R&D at the Silicon Valley based semiconductor software company Synopsys.
- Chairman of the Strategic Advisory Board of NC State’s Electrical and Computer Engineering Department.
- Manager of a worldwide team providing extensive international business experience, including living and working in China with my family.
- Two patents for software algorithms, with a third pending.
- Corporate representative at Grace Hopper Women in Computing Conference.
I received my Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from Clemson University, and my Master’s degree in Computer Engineering from North Carolina State University.
more about me
I am a follower of Jesus, an engineer, a businessman, and the manager of a worldwide hi-tech team. I love to serve and mentor—both in my family, church, work, and community. Through business and personal travel, especially in Asia and the Middle East, I have had the privilege of learning about many cultures, languages, and ways of life.
I am detail-oriented and thrive when helping people and organizations work more smoothly and efficiently. My experience working on boards, chairing committees, and managing budgets for large organizations is beneficial as I serve the city of Mebane.